Senior Product Manager or Director (Animation and Motion)
San Mateo, CA
Product Management Jobs All Jobs
As Senior Product Manager, Avatar / Director of Product Management, Avatar -- Motion and Animation, (level commensurate with your experience) you will lead the product strategy and vision defining the motion systems for all Roblox players.
Your responsibility will be to define how our avatars experience the virtual world of Roblox, and how all character animations and physical interactions operate. Ideally you have extensive experience working with motion, animation or game systems that have prepare you to handle the complexity of physical animations in 15 million different games hosted on the Roblox platform.
From the defined vision you will distill product specifications and requirements and work with a team of world class engineers, designers and artists to deliver them to players of all ages.
- Product leader with BS or MS in CS or similar with 10+ years in Product Management
- Motion and animation expert who has extensive experience building world class avatar systems for end users. You have shipped at least one, if not more deep and complex motion or animation systems
- True gamer who enjoys 3D character experiences and is able to break down the pieces that make the world come alive
- Detail oriented: Ability to go beyond the veneer of the GUI to address the product, the platform, the implementation details, and the dataset
- Usability Focused: Capable of conveying your ideas through detailed Specs and/or Wireframes
- Dynamic Experience working in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through planning, development, and launch
- Strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude along and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive
- Define the future of virtual identity motion and animation for hundreds of millions of Roblox players
- Drive efforts in building the Avatar ecosystem across the entire Roblox platform
- Lead a cross-functional team of passionate people to build out features and bring them live to the platform
- Relentless customer development to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing
- Balance and Prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with product strategy
- Communicate the needs and product concepts to stakeholders, engineers, designers, and other product team members
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, customer behavior, or other business metrics
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox – Powering Imagination