Roblox is creating the future of play. Fundamental to that future, powerful creation tools enable our developers to create amazing, transformational experiences. We see the future of creation running completely in the cloud and integrating collaboration at a fundamental level. Our existing Studio product, and the extensive platform APIs we provide, have enabled a community of millions of developers to create compelling content, and we’re building from that starting point.
As Director, Technical Writing you will hire and lead a small team of talented technical writers to build up the documentation product for the Roblox platform. This includes the entire API surface of the Roblox game engine, the Roblox Studio product interfaces and the Roblox web services that are offered to the Developer community.
- Leader with BS or equivalent practical experience with at least 10+ years in managing or leading technical writers
- Technical oriented who has direct experience producing technical documentation for a Developer audience
- Detail oriented: Ability to understand the vast and diverse Roblox ecosystem and able to produce impeccable documentation
- Dynamic Experience working in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through planning, development, and launch.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Define the documentation product for the Roblox platform
- Lead a team of technical writers to build out technical documentation as a product
- Relentless development to discover and define the right problems we should be pursuing and the right approach in solving them
- Balance and Prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with product strategy
- Communicate the needs and concepts to stakeholders, product managers, engineers, designers etc.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, customer behavior, or other business metrics.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar