Roblox, Engineering Lead, International Growth, San Mateo, CA
Join a growing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Senior Software Engineering Lead on the International Growth team, you’ll be in charge of unlocking key markets of the world by taking our compliance systems to the next level. We are a group of experienced engineers passionate about creating flexible microservices driven by performance. Our owned services are some of the highest-trafficked within Roblox, and we work closely with other teams to pioneer container-based development practices.
Experienced: You have 10+ years of experience in large-scale software development with a proven track record of delivering highly performant solutions.
A Leader: You can lead those around you to achieve big things through fostering mentorship culture. People come to you for guidance and you can bring a team of engineers to consensus.
Inspirational: You are passionate about setting and adhering to a team mission. You create opportunities that grow individuals’ careers while celebrating the impact of their work.
Adaptive: You thrive in a dynamic work environment where challenges are open-ended. You can choose your own adventure by assessing the knowns vs. unknowns.
Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all the components required to build modern large scale infrastructure. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You are constantly questioning the underlying issue to solve them at the core.
- Own enormous initiatives that span multiple teams.
- Ship beautiful code, adhering to high coding standards and establishing new ones.
- Work for your team, acting as a force multiplier by unblocking issues and bridging the gaps between organizations.
- Be a Technical Lead by mentoring engineers to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
- Produce excellent thorough documentation for internal and external teams
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Strong designing and programming skills
- Excellent ability to think about long-term impact
- Experience in working with highly-scalable systems
- Ability to recognize risks, errors, and impact in application development
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, across multiple teams and disciplines
- Passion for testing and development
- Programming experience in one compiled (C++, C#, Java) and one interpreted script language (JS, PHP, Python, Lua, etc)
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.