Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet in your life. Community is the heart and soul of Roblox. Over 30 million active players engage on our platform every day!
The impact that you can have at Roblox is boundless! Much like our platform, the possibilities here are limitless. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the ongoing success of Roblox on a massive scale.
Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
Senior Director Marketing:
The ideal candidate would be a leader who can drive both strategy and execution and is ready to help evolve Roblox to be an ageless metaverse where people can play, learn, and connect.
This individual leads with an ideas-orientation and bias for action - to develop big impactful marketing programs and campaigns targeted to our users and creators across our owned and earned channels. This leader will have a successful track record of launching and scaling non-traditional activations and working collaboratively with other marketing, product, and creative partners. She/he/they will be a strong communicator and coach/player - that is ready to grow and develop a team of talented marketers to achieve our marketing goals and objectives.
Specifically, you will
- Lead a high-performing marketing team and all aspects of consumer marketing for Roblox
- Lead development of User and Creator marketing - to include
- Developing goals and overall strategies for evolving to an ageless metaverse
- Developing and executing programs/experiences/activations to deliver on User goals and strategic priorities
- Working in partnership with Developer Relations to create marketing plans to support key Creator events.
- Partner with our ECD, Head of Brand, VP of Corporate Marketing and Digital Civility to realize the creative platform across key marketing channels: Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, FB, Influencers, Events
- Partner with our ECD and the Creative team in developing effective marketing content for brand launches, partnerships, sponsorships, licensing efforts, and events.
- Develop macro-narrative for partnerships and ecosystems and execute
- Work with Partnerships team to build out overall partnerships strategy to support marketing goals and strategy of evolving to ageless metaverse
- Develop marketing strategy and plans to support Brand Partnership launches across different verticals
- Partner with Licensing team to leverage strategic licensing relationships to support marketing goals
- Support and scale a world-class marketing team by investing in and hiring excellent people, and supporting them with the resources to develop and infrastructure to scale
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership
This role will report into the CMO and will be part of a marketing leadership team including Executive Creative Director, Head of Corporate & Digital Civility Marketing, Head of Brand, Head of Corp Communications, and Head of Global Communications.
- Experienced operating in a hyper-growth/entrepreneurial environment and scaling new and emerging products from the ground-up.
- Experienced people leader - 10+ years of experience with team leadership, cross-functional team leadership, leadership, or team management
- Marketing visionary - 15+ years of marketing experience launching & scaling consumer apps, products or services for a range of global consumer brands
- Creative and ideas-oriented and have a strong record of consumer-centered campaigns that propel usage, adoption and market momentum.
- Motivating and challenging teams and individuals at all levels of an organization, both directly and cross-functionally
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Working with the most values-aligned, collaborative inventive thinkers around
- Being part of shepherding in the metaverse
Other great experiences & benefits we have:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks [when we are back in the office]
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox’s mission is to build a human co-experience platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users.
Every day, more than 32.6 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of digital experiences. All of these experiences are built by the Roblox community, made up of over eight million creators. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
For the last three years, Roblox has been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We foster a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career. Much like our platform, the possibilities at Roblox are limitless. We’re looking for people that share our vision of bringing people together through shared experiences and are eager to take on a meaningful role in the ongoing success of Roblox on a massive scale.