Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineering Lead, Social Co-Experience, you'll be in charge of building the experiences to take Roblox to the immersive metaverse. If you are an experienced technical leader with a knowledge of user experience, game development, and immersive social products you'll be right at home within our experienced and growing Co-experience team. You will report to our Engineering Managers and Directors within our Social team. Our mission is to build the next generation of social experiences.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 3+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of game development experience or social product development.
- Knowledgeable: You understand client-server game development, can architect systems that provide low latency experience in a high latency environment. You can develop long-lasting external API contracts with little obsoletion or sunsetting. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to agreement. You are excited to learn new technologies as the challenges require.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems.
- Iterate quickly and help establish the vision and product mission of the company's gambit into social co-experiences.
- Work with the Roblox game engine, iOS & Android app, and Roblox game code to usher in new products across the full-stack.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work with your product partners to determine the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Work with other engineering teams, product and design to improve the existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through expertise.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar