Roblox, Engineering Lead, Social Co-Experience, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As an Engineering Lead, Social Co-Experience, you’ll be in charge of building the experiences that will take Roblox to the immersive metaverse. If you are an experienced technical leader with deep knowledge of user experience, game development, and immersive social products you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Co-experience team.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 3+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of game development experience or social product development.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of client-server game development, can architect systems that deliver low latency experience in a high latency environment. You can develop long-lasting external API contracts with little obsletation or sunsutting. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You are excited to learn new technologies as the challenges require.
- Charismatic: You are used to lead engineers, love to earn their respect and can make them accomplish the impossible.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems.
- Iterate quickly and help define the vision and product mission of the company’s gambit into social co-experiences.
- Work closely with the Roblox game engine, iOS & Android app, and Roblox game code to usher in new products across the full-stack.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to improve the existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.