Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
Fraud is, as always, an adversarial game. As we clamp down on bad behavior, different patterns will emerge. The ideal candidate will be excited about this type of problem, be thoughtful about how to balance risk with player value, and be excited about working with a large set of cross functional partners.
We have a rich set of user data to work with. Your job will be to utilize this data to build detection mechanisms (rules, ML), work with XFN to build and evaluate treatments, define KPIs, and run A/B tests to measure impact.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day.
- An expert with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You’re experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data.
- You have strong modeling skills. You will need to stop incoming fraudulent activity as well as look out for abnormal behavior on the platform.
- Big Bonus: A love for game development and Roblox
- Detect aberrant behavior (ML, rules based approaches, etc)
- Create & evaluate employed strategies after behavior is detected
- Identify KPI creation & measurement of the fraud problem
- Working with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox - Powering Imagination