Engineering Manager - China Core
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
About the team
The China Core team is looking for founding engineers to bring on the next big thing. This is a unique opportunity to make contributions across our technology stack. We collaborate closely with Luobu, our China Joint Venture company, and other Roblox engineering teams to deliver an amazing user experience that brings the world together through play.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
- An Inspirer, able to unite people behind a common vision and get engineers excited about their impact, growth, and career development
- Versatile across the stack, ready to take on new challenges, whether it’s UI, mobile, or back-end.
- Experienced in 2+ years as a Manager/Team Lead, and hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Expert in building highly scalable distributed multi-tier client/server systems
- Well-versed into UI/UX domain, familiar with UI frameworks like QT, React.JS or similar
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing desktop application
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics-driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin
- Lead application engineering team by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors.
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work as a player-coach, leading the design and coding efforts by example
- Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination