We are on a mission to bring the world together through play. Come work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet in your life. At Roblox, the Community is the heart and soul of Roblox - we have over 100 million active players engage on our platform every month playing over 57 million games built by over 2 million developers worldwide. How cool is that?
Roblox is not just a game company and not just a social network. We are building a universe that encompasses the future of connecting with each other through the democratization of the gaming world by inspiring people to play, socialize, create, and engage - across all devices.
What that means is that the impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful and long-lasting.
Come join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless - literally.
Here are a few quick highlights of how we power Roblox:
- CDN - we push hundreds of petabytes of data through our CDNs each month
- Microservices - we own 50+ microservices, the most of any Roblox fullstack engineering team
- API Scale - we run services that hit 500K - 700K RPS, the highest load of any Roblox fullstack engineering team.
- Thumbnails - our system generates 20,000 - 50,000 thumbnails at peak. Perfect for viewing all your avatar clothing options!
Here are a few things you will work on:
- Design and implement features in our backend server and API stack that power https://www.roblox.com and mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Amazon platforms.
- Build new microservices in a collaborative modern development process using Docker, .net Core Linux, and container orchestration.
- Enhance and extend our Telemetry system for the charting and visualization of Roblox events and metrics.
- Bring your full experiences of rapid daily releases so that we can delight our customers every week with improvements and new features!
- Technical leadership: be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches
- Build consensus and alignment between product and feature teams on requirements, architecture decisions, and implementation details
- Resolve dependencies, schedules, and prioritization with an eye towards common and shared deliverables
- Track data, where possible, on changes/improvements so they can be measured, and so that we can continually improve.
- Work effectively within a team environment to be an inspiration to the people around you and to be inspired by the people you will work with.
- Someone that likes to figure things out
- Someone that is interested in architecting and designing a wide-array of software products.
- Someone that has developed and shipped multiple different features / products.
- Someone who has built or is interested in building web applications in frameworks such as ASP.NET, SpringMVC, Express, Rails, or Flask.
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community (No autographs, please.)