Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated world. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Sr. Search Engineer for the Search & Discovery team at Roblox focused on the Studio Marketplace, you’ll redefine how developers find artifacts to create amazing roblox experiences, avatar & games. You will partner with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Search and ML Engineers to better understand users needs and improve their on platform search by employing search recall and ranking techniques including query rewriting, adding signals to documents, signal generation/harvesting. We use ElasticSearch as our query node.
- 3+ years of experience with building search systems and core ranking algorithms
- Investigate user search queries and behavior, analyse win and loss patterns
- Investigate and explore and create signals for ranking improvement ideas and models
- Design and implement search ranking improvement experiments and make necessary system changes to support it
- Run monitor and launch search experiments
- Experienced working with Elasticsearch or similar search systems .
- Working with C#, Java, Python; Programming practice is intierative test driven development on object oriented principles
- Design and implement efficient ranking algorithm at high throughput and scalable search engine
- Analyze Search and document data using SQL, hive, etc on Spark, S3, ElasticSearch
- Good understanding and experience for query expansion/rewrite techniques such as synonyms, auto complete, spell correction, query optimization, query to query similarity
- Solid understanding of search ranking quality evaluation and experience with metric-driven search ranking tuning techniques
- Understanding of Knowledge Graphs for document understanding and ranking is a huge plus.
- Experience with graph DB (Neo4j/ArangoDB/OrientDB etc.) would be a plus.
- Experienced working in a fast paced environment in an agile/scrum environment with focus on robust design, architecture, TDD, rapid experimentation, A/B testing and metrics.
- Skilled programmer in one or more of these Java, Python and C#/C++ etc.
- Comfortable with big data frameworks such as map-reduce, spark, pig, hive etc.
- Team Player and Collaborative: You enjoy working with others.
- Be a Search & Discovery Champion: you have prowess and past experience in a multitude of search and discovery technologies, empowering you to understand the challenges of making discovery better continuously by hypothesis, modelling, and experimentation.
- Help shape and build next generation search and discovery for Social search such as people search , groups search, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models
- Ensure that our systems are resilient, robust and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Support our search and discovery infrastructure in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin Badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination