Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Sr. Search Engineer for the Search & Discovery team at Roblox focused on the Studio Marketplace, you'll redefine how developers find artifacts to create amazing Roblox experiences, avatar & games. You will partner with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Search and ML Engineers to better understand users needs and improve their on platform search by employing search recall and ranking techniques including query rewriting, adding signals to documents, signal generation/harvesting. We use ElasticSearch as our query node.
- Be a Search & Discovery Champion: you have prowess and experience in a multitude of search and discovery technologies, empowering you to understand the challenges of making discovery better continuously by hypothesis, modeling, and experimentation.
- Help shape and build next generation search and discovery for Social search such as people search , groups search, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models
- Ensure that our systems are resilient, robust and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Support our search and discovery infrastructure in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues.
- Investigate user search queries and behavior, analyze win and loss patterns
- Investigate and explore and create signals for search experiments and ranking improvement ideas and models
- 3+ years of experience with building search systems and core ranking algorithms
- Design and implement search ranking improvement experiments and make necessary system changes to support it
- Experienced working with Elasticsearch or similar search systems .
- Design and implement efficient ranking algorithm at high throughput and scalable search engine
- Analyze Search and document data using SQL, hive, etc on Spark, S3, ElasticSearch
- Good experience for query expansion/rewrite techniques such as synonyms, auto complete, spell correction, query optimization, query to query similarity
- Experienced with search ranking quality evaluation and metric-driven ranking tuning techniques
- Experienced programmer in one or more of these Java, Python and C#/C++ etc.
- Comfortable with big data frameworks such as map-reduce, spark, pig, hive etc.
- Someone with 5+ years of experience
You could also have:
- Experienced working in a fast paced environment in an agile/scrum environment with focus on robust design, architecture, TDD, rapid experimentation, A/B testing and metrics.
- Experience with graph DB (Neo4j/ArangoDB/OrientDB etc.)
- Understanding of Knowledge Graphs for document understanding and ranking is.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement below...
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar