Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have ownership and influence across one or more of these domains.
As a Software Engineer on the Native Foundation team, you'll help build on our unique tech stack that drives our applications. You will be responsible for the native layer of our app and how it integrates back up into our game engine and Lua application. We build clean, performant, cross platform systems that serve as the foundation that allow engineers to build our application used by millions of users every day.
- Experienced, 5+ years of experience working on consumer applications
- Hands-on with at least one of the following; iOS, Android, win32, MacOS, or Xbox. Some experience with C++.
- Proficient in multithreaded and asynchronous programming
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on a large-scale, consumer-facing desktop application
- Collaborative, communicative and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to resolution
- Build performant cross-platform features to support our application
- Work across the various platforms we support
- Improve code to make our applications run lightning fast on any device
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Work with numerous teams to build the world's best applications
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar