Accepting all applicants willing to relocate to Shenzhen, China
About Roblox China
Roblox, a global online experience platform for kids, brings more than 90 million people together through play. We enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers. Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment services for audience under the age of 18.
To continue our global growth, Roblox has structured a joint venture with Chinese technology giant Tencent to help us enter the Chinese market. Roblox China will initially focus on education: specifically, coding fundamentals, game design, digital citizenship and entrepreneurial skills. Roblox China will also create and nurture an active community of developers in the region. With access to China’s roughly 800 million internet users, Roblox has the opportunity to reach the next level of global experiences companies.
About Roblox Research Lab
We will develop cutting-edge technology and machine learning models to build a safe gaming environment for Roblox users. This requires the detection, recognition, tracking and understanding of all relevant objects in the 3D rendering game environment. Accurately performing these tasks is essential for monitoring and handling high-risk behaviors.
We are looking for researchers and software engineers who are passionate about developing computer vision and machine learning technologies to help us build a secure platform for users and continuously improve the performance of the technology stack. You will be part of an innovation team composed of engineers and researchers, solving similar challenging problems and helping to improve our state-of-the-art perception system.
- Demonstrated ability to take neural network models from concept to production with in-depth knowledge in Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Hands-on experience in computer vision and machine learning projects (2+ years).
- Strong programming skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong analytical approach to problem-solving.
- A strong team player, self-motivated and positive attitude.
- PhD or MsC in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics or a related field.
- Extensive experience in deep learning.
- Industry research experience.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ with experience in developing latency-critical software.
- Proven track record of developing solutions for camera, image/video processing and computer vision applications.
- Experience in development, optimization and parallelization of algorithms in multi-processor environments including GPU based architectures.
- Knowledgeable in GPGPU programming APIs (CUDA, OpenCL).
- Experience with investigating hardware/software tradeoffs (including CPU/GPU profiling) to identify performance bottlenecks in the system and take ownership of the related optimizations.
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com, we will contact you shortly.