Design Intern (Summer 2021)
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2020, we were honored to be one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the US. In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in Design or have completed a series Design-related courses (i.e. UX/UI, Interaction, Motion, Graphics, Typography, Web, Product)
- Excited about: Designing features, creating prototypes, competitive analysis, user research
- A problem solver: You can’t stop thinking about how people interact with technology and why they use it the way they do
- Aesthetically inclined: You value the design of everything around you, from software to hardware, from architecture to art
- Empathetically inclined: You need to understand people’s needs and motivations in the use of products and see its value in the design process
- Eager to learn and grow: You have a growth mindset, willing to take on new challenges and explore creative tools
- Help design, test and study features that will delight millions of players
- Create interactive prototypes to test player response to new concepts and functionality
- Perform competitive analysis of class-leading interactive experiences
- Document and showcase insights by proposing recommendations on how to ensure the design vision is experienced as intended by our players
- Catalog player sentiment and propose product features and improvements
Location: San Mateo, California
Duration: 12 weeks