Data Science Intern (Summer 2021)
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2020, we were honored to be one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the US. In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. As a Data Science Intern, you will be a key participant in helping our product and engineering teams shape the future of Roblox. You’ll partner with teams across the company to better understand our players and builders, performing ad hoc analysis, creating dashboards, defining KPIs, and applying models.
- Working towards a degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or similar
- Passionate about use knowledge in data science, machine learning to deliver insights
- Highly proficient in SQL & Python/R
- Able to thrive in a fast-pace work environment: provide insights from data that constantly helps to improve our product
- A huge plus:
- A passion for Roblox, play, gaming, social networking, and user-generated content
- Familiarity with Hive and experience using data tools like Superset & Airflow
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that drive growth
- Work with product managers to define KPIs for different parts of the product
- Use SQL on a daily basis to gather information from relational databases
- Use Hive/Spark/Python or MapReduce to retrieve data from key value data stores
- Automate relevant data pipelines and dashboards that provide actionable information to partnering product team
- Perform statistical A/B testing to make rollout/rollback decisions with product managers and estimate impact on key metrics across different chosen cohorts
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 12 weeks