Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer on the Roblox reference team you will work on experimental experiences to help guide our game engine development. No matter the platform, be it mobile or desktop or VR or consoles, you will help allow our game developers to create engaging experiences with the Roblox community using industry-leading algorithms and technology.
- Experienced or have transferrable skills: You have worked in areas like game development, user interaction or related fields.
- Programming: You have 5+ years experience programming experience in C++, Lua, and client/server networking.
- Experience focused: You care about the experiences you build for players. You know details are important for engaging gameplay.
- Foundation oriented: You believe that 3D math skills and a well thought out code architecture are important in developing a game or experience
- Resource-minded: You are familiar with the challenges of working on constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Curious: You want to learn. You stay informed about the latest developments in game design and technology. You spend your time tinkering on your own personal projects around these topics
- You will write code that is used as proof of concept for new types of experiences on Roblox
- You will guide efforts to deepen the interactive experience on Roblox
- You will work with our game developer community to help achieve their creative vision
- You will have fun learning about what makes Roblox an amazing platform and place to work, while contributing to industry-leading technologies
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar