Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Engineering Manager for Roblox's languages team, you will lead a team of top-notch engineers working on cutting-edge interpreters and runtimes for embedded scripting languages. To make tomorrow's top games, developers on the Roblox platform need more than just a scripting environment that works–they need advanced language features, comprehensive static analysis, and an ultra-fast, multithreaded runtime. Join our team and help drive the development of new languages and features that will be used by millions of developers.
- A strong coach: Several years of management experience with an empathetic ear and ability to identify and solve small problems before they become big ones
- Passionate about languages: You're excited about bringing the concepts from your favorite programming languages into a new system
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience with C++ or related languages
- Knowledgeable: You've spent time diving into, implementing, and extending interpreters for scripting languages
- Curious: You are keen to learn and grow. You stay informed about the latest developments in languages and scripting runtimes
- Organized: Able to drive multiple parallel complex projects to successful completion
- Lead a team of talented language runtime engineers as we make the Roblox game engine the leading dynamic-world platform
- Balance priorities and ideas from internal engineers and external game developers to add features to the Roblox scripting language
- Get to know the team and effectively assign tasks and grow team members according to the strengths of each contributor
- Write your own code in addition to helping others do the same
Roblox – Powering Imagination.