Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineering Manager for Roblox's languages team, you will lead a team of top-notch engineers working on interpreters and runtimes for the Luau embedded scripting language. To make tomorrow's top games, developers on the Roblox platform need more than just a scripting environment that works–they need advanced language features, comprehensive static analysis, and an ultra-fast, multithreaded runtime. Join our team and help improve the development of new languages and features that will be used by millions of developers. You will report to our Director of Game Engine Engineering.
- A strong coach: Several years of management experience with an empathetic ear and ability to identify and solve small problems before they become big ones
- Passionate about languages: You're excited about bringing the concepts from your favorite programming languages into a new system
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience with C++ or related languages
- Knowledgeable: You've spent time diving into, implementing, and extending interpreters for scripting languages
- Curious: You are keen to learn and grow. You stay informed about the latest developments in languages and scripting runtimes
- Organized: Able to drive multiple parallel complex projects to successful completion
- Lead a team of experienced language runtime engineers as we make the Roblox game engine the leading dynamic-world platform
- Balance priorities and ideas from internal engineers and external game developers to add features to the Roblox scripting language
- Get to know the team and assign tasks and grow team members according to the strengths of each contributor
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar