Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
We are looking to raise the performance bar across the board for games on the Roblox platform. As an Engineering Manager for Roblox's systems team, you will lead a team of top-notch engineers as we make the Roblox game engine an industry leader for dynamic content. You will harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to envelop the player in something that’s amazing, no matter the target platform: mobile, desktop, console or VR.
- A strong coach: Several years of management experience with an empathetic ear and ability to identify and solve small problems before they become big ones
- An engine engineer: Deep experience in writing well-performing C++ code that gets the most out of the available hardware
- A master of balancing: Demonstrated ability to balance requirements from various teams including product, hardware and technology as well as the game creators themselves
- Curious and flexible: You delight in tackling challenges created by the ever-changing user-created games landscape
- Organized: Able to drive multiple parallel complex projects to successful completion
- Platform oriented: Capable of delivering long-term value and recognizing short-term solutions for what they are
- Experienced in multiple platforms including mobile, desktop, console, and VR
- Lead a team of talented systems engineers in the charge to make the Roblox game engine the world’s leading dynamic world platform
- Collaborate with technical architects to define the right steps to best move the platform forward
- Get to know the team and effectively assign tasks and grow team members according to the strengths of each contributor
- Translate needs from the Roblox business into an implementation roadmap for engine support and clearly report on progress and deliveries
- Write your own code in addition to helping others do the same
Roblox – Powering Imagination.