Roblox, Senior Software Engineer, Real-Time Communication Platform, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 130 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Senior Software Engineer, RTC Platform, you’ll be in charge of building our upcoming platform to bring voice chat to our 130M+ monthly users. If you are an experienced developer with a deep understanding of real time communications, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing social team.
- Experienced: You have 3+ years of experience in webRTC (or similar technologies) with a proven track record of scaling a real-time communication platform. You own a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Intrepid: Scaling for multiple millions of concurrent streams is exciting to you. You know it will take a lot to make it right, but you are impatient to get going.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all aspects of webRTC from audio/video codecs, to networking (ICE, STUN, TURN) up to server side components needed to deploy the technology at scale (SFU, MCU, Relays).
- Versatile: You’re a jack of all trades and you have mastered several languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team-oriented: You are able to work well as part of a team and know how to collaborate with all participants to develop the best solutions.
- Be able to build a new real time platform from the ground up to support millions of players.
- Help define a scalable architecture that allows us to support small groups up to large broadcasts.
- Setup the process and structure to enforce quality while we iterate quickly on feature development.
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, role play, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.