Senior Software Engineer, Real-Time Communication Client, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 130 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Senior Software Engineer, RTC Client, you’ll be in charge of creating the experience that will bring voice chat to our 130M+ monthly users. If you are an experienced developer with a deep understanding of real time communications, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing social team.
- Experienced: You have 3+ years of experience with the webRTC C++ library (or similar technologies) with a proven track record of building client facing voice or video chat experience. Having a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of the client side aspects of webRTC from audio/video codecs, to networking (ICE, STUN, TURN) up to how to deal with audio mixing, bandwidth constraints, etc. Understanding of signal processing and 3D development are definite pluses.
- Attentive: You love to build products that are used by millions of users. You care a lot about providing the right user experience at all levels (UI/UX, audio).
- Versatile: You’re a jack of all trades and you have mastered several languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers.
- Team-oriented: You are able to work well as part of a team and know how to collaborate with all participants to develop the best solutions.
- Build the core user facing components of a new communication experience used by millions of players.
- Help solve impossible challenges when you deal with multiple audio and video sources in a complex 3D environment.
- Own your solution end to end and be responsible for deploying the solution at scale.
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, role play, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.