VP of Product of Roblox China
Location: Shenzhen, China
Why Roblox China?
Roblox China is a joint venture between Roblox Corporation and Tencent Holdings, with its HQ in Shenzhen, China.
Roblox is a global online experience that brings people together through play by inspiring imagination, creativity, and learning. Every month, more than 120 million people explore millions of immersive digital worlds with their friends. All of these digital worlds are built by a community of over 2 million creators.
Roblox is creating a new ‘human co-experience’ category that combines gaming, entertainment, social and media. Through a strategic partnership with Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world, Roblox is now accelerating these efforts in China.
China is central to Roblox’s mission of bringing the world together through play and Roblox China’s Head of Product will play a central role in our success.
Information about the Role
As the head of Luobu Product Management, you’ll be in charge of driving product objectives for Roblox’s presence in China. Ideal candidates will have direct experience operating in the Chinese social media and gaming market while also having spent time working for a US based startup. In this role, you will be expected to connect the dots between the nuances of the Chinese market and our platform teams located in the United States. You will need to be insanely organized, communicative, and passionate about connecting players and developers around-the-world through play.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in a software development organization, and at least 4 years in product in which you managed complex software projects that cut across multiple stakeholders and organizations.
- Experience launching social media and/or gaming products in mainland China
- Experience leading and coordinating teams at a North American startup company.
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Willing and excited to work full-time from Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, yet spend significant time in Roblox’s US headquarters in San Mateo, CA, USA.
- Prepare and manage consumer-facing product requirements for new strategic and growth regions worldwide from conception to launch.
- Research and better understand local user pain points and help direct the rest of the organization towards finding suitable solutions for users around the world.
- Balance input from a wide variety of stakeholders at multiple internal and external partners with potentially competing priorities and timelines. Stakeholders will include Regional GMs, Business Ops, Trust and Safety, Government Relations, Growth, Social, and Economy teams at Roblox, Luobu, and Tencent.
- Adapt to changing requirements from external partners worldwide to help teams come up with creative solutions to better serve a rapidly developing audience of global users.
- Work closely with engineering managers, technical leads and product owners to drive the planning and execution of complex product requirements.
- Manage communication vertically in both the Luobu and Roblox organizations, including direct interface with executives, C-suite, and Boards of Directors at both companies.
- Manage cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues.
Check out our Roblox China Careers page here: https://corp.roblox.cn/career/