Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Product Designer on Design Systems at Roblox, you will be directly shaping the entirety of Roblox’s Product Design through the creation of a robust design architecture that can scale across a variety of form factors (e.g. phones, tablets, TVs, game consoles, etc.) You will be a key contributor in establishing Roblox’s design patterns and visual language by creating and maintaining UX frameworks and UI components.
- Experienced with 5+ years of professional experience as a product designer and a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design, Ergonomics, or related fields
- A Leader who is accountable for design quality and cohesion across all product teams, and who actively engages other designers to help them grow
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often and encouraging peers to seek out constructive feedback from their manager, stakeholders, teams, and the Product Design team
- Self-Organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects
- A Problem Solver who possesses a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company’s and user’s perspective, fostering a learning culture both with in the Product Design team and the larger Tech organization
- Flexible, thriving in ambiguity
- Innovative with your problem-solving by using existing frameworks to creatively produce designs and, where appropriate, new styles and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox’s products
- Detail-oriented and strive for pixel perfection with consistent consideration for the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends), and product overlaps in your own and others’ work
- Driven and constantly expanding your skill set by actively seeking out new tools and techniques
- Create world-class user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, pixel-perfect layouts, and delightful interactions
- Own end-to-end feature design by defining, developing, and documenting evolutions of the Roblox design principles and existing style guides
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination