Roblox’s platform now represents the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours monthly. With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
Using a cloud based platform to host user-generated experiences, Roblox features physically-simulated, three-dimensional, destructible environments created by users for users. The user-generated content is hosted and published on Roblox’s platform which has enabled over 40 million games/experiences and a social network that connects 2M+ simultaneous users who are interacting in 3D immersive experiences.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As an Environment Artist on the Game Experience Team, you will help us create and manage high quality, game ready environment assets and build 3D scenes.
Roblox is looking to push the boundaries of our engine and tools, well beyond what you currently see today on the Roblox platform. To that end, we want to create fully realized, large scale, beautiful looking environments. You will be involved throughout the entire development cycle, starting in early development, blocking out environments, and working with engineers and tech artists to define the optimal production pipeline. You will also work with other artists, both internal and external, to deliver and integrate assets into your project, resulting in a AAA game environment. You’ll be responsible for final quality assets, set dressing, and polishing the environment with the rest of the art team.
In this role, you will give feedback on the general asset pipeline and work with new features and tools before they are released. If you are an experienced game environment artist who enjoys partnering with engineers and you are excited to raise the quality bar to bring value to our entire development community, this is a great opportunity.
- A 3D Environment Artist with a BFA or equivalent and 3+ years of experience in the game industry
- Proficient and skilled with common 3D applications (Maya, Zbrush, Substance) and industry standards for the character production pipeline in games
- A leader with experience in providing and communicating vision and critiques to contractors/vendors involved in asset production
- Accurate and precise with complex instructions, but also able to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency in production
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and the ability to work across teams
- An inspiration to the people around you, as you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment
- Experienced with industry standard engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Able to adapt to new tools and technology
- Work with our product and engineering staff to identify the needs of the project, what assets would need to be made, and how to most efficiently produce them
- Push the limits of the current state of our engine and help expose areas of improvement
- Help manage and integrate additional assets from our contract artists and other teams
- Provide guidance to contractors and art houses to produce the models we need
- Communicating with engineering staff to help improve our current pipeline
- Assist with debugging visual issues or asset production problems
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar