Technical Product Manager: Roblox IDE
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
To better serve our Developer community, we are creating our own programming language to be the best interface to the Roblox platform. As Product Manager: Roblox IDE, you will build the tooling that makes it insanely easy to create new Roblox content, specifically from a software engineering perspective. We are building a cloud-native IDE that is the primary touchpoint for millions of developers. You will help small teams build diverse world-class experiences through top-notch tooling. Come create the future and work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet!
- A Product Manager with a track record of managing multiple stakeholders, prioritizing features, and harnessing resources to deliver excellent products.
- Experienced, with 2-5 years of product management experience, ideally with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Domain-expert, very familiar with the latest approaches to software development, debugging and testing.
- An excellent communicator, with extraordinary listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Flexible, you are able to understand and express strategies, priorities and trade-offs at the 30,000-foot level and at the level of detailed requirements and/or wireframes.
- Entrepreneurial, having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. You live to get things done.
- Technical, comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details with technical peers. You can engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; you can help design scalable and extensible solutions and create detailed product specs.
- Data-backed but visionary. Comfortable dealing with KPIs and analytics but able to see the desired future state for the product beyond what can currently be measured.
- Organized, understanding that the best way to build something great is to coordinate the work of many people.
- Build a cloud-native IDE for Roblox software development
- Engage our developers directly and balance that feedback with an understanding of what is possible today and might be possible in the future to identify new capabilities and define product features
- Relentless customer development and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
- Balance the needs of internal stakeholders, community game developers and Roblox players with the long-term vision and business goals of Roblox.
- Work closely with passionate internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Understand, influence, and communicate the product vision that is revolutionizing the way people create games and digital co-experience
- Facilitate discussions about nuanced and difficult decisions with peers and our highly engaged and visionary leaders
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.
- Grow your career with a company that is a rocket ship 🚀