VP Engineering of Roblox China
Location: Shenzhen, China
Why Roblox China?
Roblox China is a joint venture between Roblox Corporation and Tencent Holdings, with its HQ in Shenzhen, China.
Roblox is a global online experience that brings people together through play by inspiring imagination, creativity, and learning. Every month, more than 120 million people explore millions of immersive digital worlds with their friends. All of these digital worlds are built by a community of over 2 million creators.
Roblox is creating a new ‘human co-experience’ category that combines gaming, entertainment, social and media. Technical challenges cross areas such as distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, and physics simulation. Through a strategic partnership with Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world, Roblox is now accelerating these efforts in China.
China is central to Roblox’s mission of bringing the world together through play and Roblox China’s Head of Product will play a central role in our success.
Information about the Role
As the head of Luobu Engineering, you’ll be in charge of driving product objectives for Roblox’s presence in China. Ideal candidates will have direct experience leading world-class engineering teams in the Chinese social media and gaming market while also having spent time working for a US-based startup. In this role, you will be expected to build and guide an exceptionally talented and productive engineering organization that can autonomously execute the Luobu product roadmap from our headquarters in Shenzhen. You will need to be insanely organized, communicative, and passionate about connecting players and developers around-the-world through play.
- Advanced degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of experience in a software development organization.
- A track record of recruiting, at scale, the absolute best talent in a given field
- Technically deep and able to engage with engineers on technical design and direction.
- Able to communicate effectively in both English and Mandarin work environments
- Willing and excited to work full-time from Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, yet spend significant time in Roblox’s US headquarters in San Mateo, CA, USA.
Exciting candidates may have:
- Experience building complex consumer-facing products with a global installation base.
- Experience building software products that operate both inside and outside mainland China.
- Experience leading and building teams at a North American startup company.
- Build a large, effective engineering organization spanning multiple teams
- Recruit a large number of the best engineers in the world and build one of the most renowned technical organizations in China.
- Augment the global Roblox platform to tackle the unique challenges of operating in the competitive China market. You should expect your team will take on challenges spanning all levels of the software stack, from bare metal through user-facing interfaces.
- As Roblox China’s most senior technical leader you will work directly across the Roblox and Tencent Executive teams. You will engage directly with senior execs leading regional markets, Business Ops, Trust and Safety, Government Relations, Growth, Social, and Economy teams at Roblox, Luobu, and Tencent.
- Adapt to changing requirements from external partners worldwide to help teams come up with creative solutions to better serve a rapidly developing audience of global users.
- Manage communication vertically in both the Luobu and Roblox organizations, including direct interface with executives, C-suite, and Boards of Directors at both companies.
Check out all of our Roblox China jobs here: https://corp.roblox.cn/career/