Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Head of Design Systems at Roblox, you will be shaping our Product Design System. This role will develop an end-to-end to create holistic, world-class experience and has oversight of all components and documentation for the design system that powers our global design team.
You’ll be a key contributor in establishing our design patterns and visual language by creating and maintaining UX frameworks. You’ll guide the vision for the system, foundations, and tools that empower our product designers and engineers to build high-quality, well-designed experiences.
With a passion for cross-platform collaboration and will advocate for the design system at the company level, telling the story of our team mission, and how to best collaborate with Design to build the best platform that makes it ridiculously easy for anyone, anywhere to create quality experiences.
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional experience as a product designer and a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design, Ergonomics, or related fields.
- A Cross-Functional Expert who will inspire global design, product, and engineering teams to establish UI standards. You understand iOS and Android design and technology, and are comfortable crafting experiences for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- A Leader who thrives on cross-functional collaboration, and actively works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
- A Manager who has a successful track record of coaching and upleveling your staff. You also possess an ability to represent design thinking in discussions with product stakeholders, assess design needs for projects and work with product managers to scope and refine projects.
- A Partner who will work with design, engineering, brand, and research to establish, build, and maintain a comprehensive library of shared components.
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often and encouraging peers to seek out constructive feedback from their manager, stakeholders, teams, and the Product Design team.
- Self-Organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects.
- A Problem Solver who possesses a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges.
- Innovative with your problem-solving by using existing frameworks to produce designs and, where appropriate, new styles and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox’s products.
- Detail-oriented and strive for pixel perfection with consistent consideration for the holistic user experience, potential states and product overlaps in your own and others’ work.
- Driven and constantly expanding your skill set by actively seeking out new tools and techniques.
- Own end-to-end feature design by defining, developing, and documenting evolutions of the Roblox design principles and existing style guides.
- Create world-class user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows and sophisticated, delightful interactions.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality and user experience.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar