(1291) Principal Backend Engineer - Marketplace Core
San Mateo, CA
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Principle Backend Engineer on the Avatar Marketplace team, you will orchestrate engineering efforts in building an international marketplace for millions of virtual items that users could acquire to customize their avatars and identities on Roblox platform. Because this is an open marketplace, surfacing the right content to the right users is just one side of the story for avatar marketplace. The team is also responsible for building systems that would enable content creators to provide more sophisticated content and become more successful sellers. With daily active users growing at a new record rate, we are looking for an engineering lead that’s passionate about tackling architecture, scalability and reliability challenges associated with both sides of the marketplace.
- Experience in leading cross functional engineering effort to scale backend system behind public API to handle million+ concurrent users with iterative approach
- Experienced in designing and building consumer facing web application using microservice architecture
- Capable of breaking down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages with track record to show successful execution
- A expert in SQL database and Elasticsearch scalability and optimization
- A mentor and tech lead that has helped team members to grow their technical depth
- A experienced backend engineer with 8+ years of work experience
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Track record of technical leadership and mentorship within and across different teams
- Took initiative and led team to tackle large scale tech debt or system improvement projects that involve collaborating with cross functional teams
- Has built up technical depth in at least 2 different companies (min 2 years each)
- Someone constantly thinking about the bigger picture in terms of areas for improvement, potential bottlenecks and engineering best practices
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination