As the Product Manager for Monetization, you will build products that enable thousands of developers and creators to build thriving businesses on Roblox. Our game developers and content creators are the lifeblood of Roblox; they build every game users play on the platform and most of the items available in our avatar catalog. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that our developers and creators have the tools and understanding to earn income from their engaging experiences and content. You will own the full end-to-end product development responsibilities for areas such as in-game developer monetization, monetization reporting and analytics, Premium subscriptions, and advertising. You will ideate, design, scope, build, test, and launch front end reporting and UI, as well as back-end delivery, analytics and optimization features. You will also own crafting and driving alignment on the long term Roblox monetization strategy.
If you are an entrepreneurial product leader, who doesn’t hesitate to propose bold ideas and put them into action, you’ll be a great fit.
- You are a seasoned Senior Product Manager with a history working on monetization in two-sided marketplaces. You understand how to build systems that support both the supply and demand sides of marketplaces and can balance monetization efforts with user experience.
- Your monetization experience also includes building ad systems and features. You understand auction dynamics, pacing, targeting, bidding, and optimization. You are familiar with industry leading ad platforms, advertising best practices and pitfalls.
- You have a proven track record of aligning teams and ruthlessly prioritizing product bets in a resource constrained environment to deliver an excellent product.
- You have 4-8 years of product management experience, ideally with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Entrepreneurial: Have worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities. You are skilled across the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. You are opinionated and willing to make calls with limited information, and comfortable advocating for resources and operating in a dynamic, fluid organization.
- Technical: Comfortable with delving into the technical execution of the product to assess tradeoffs and provide guidance. You are able to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs and willing to roll up sleeves and design scalable and extensible solutions.
- Metrics driven: With proficiency in identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics using A/B testing methods. Experience identifying KPIs and working with engineering and analytics on instrumentation and monitoring.
- Strong communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey strategies, priorities, and tradeoffs at the 30K foot level. Then engage with engineering and design through extremely detailed technical specifications and/or wireframes.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Have full responsibility for defining the long term roadmap, and developing features and capabilities for the end to end monetization system on Roblox.
- Work closely with data analytics and engineering teams to define scope, review technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming, then take these early ideas and iterate, experiment, and build. Defend your POV against skeptics, while being open to feedback and adapting your ideas to deliver the best output
- Partner with other product, design and engineering teams at Roblox, and drive strategic alignment. Enroll other teams into your product vision and align roadmaps to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition
- Use relentless customer understanding and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing. Comfortable working with a highly technical developer audience
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision
Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 150 million active users each month and has powered over 3 billion hours monthly. 3 out of 4 kids in the US between 9-12 play Roblox every month. The Roblox developer community is on pace to earn over $250 million in 2020. Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
- Working with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community