Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As the Public Policy Director, you will be playing a key role in defining our product policies, including how our Community Rules inform our policies, what those policies should be, and in which product areas they should be applied. You will be responsible for understanding our Community Rules and other policies and helping to develop and refine specific principles and policies. The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively with all internal stakeholders to identify policy issues, to solve those issues, and bring improved products to our users. You should be passionate about our mission, the community we serve, and the policy issues we need to address.
- An authority on and passionate about public policy
- A dynamic and engaging presenter with stellar written and oral delivery across multiple platforms, live and virtual
- Detail-oriented, with strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Collaborative, with strong relationship building skills to get things done in partnership with other groups
- Self-directed, with the ability to define your own work and processes
- Define a comprehensive Public Policy for Roblox and implement related programs
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting Roblox at the international, federal, and state levels
- Advise Roblox internal stakeholders on public policy matters as inputs to the development of our products and business operations
- Articulate our public policy positions in briefing papers and consultation responses
- Communicate with external stakeholders on behalf of Roblox on public policy topics
- Communicate the public policies to all internal stakeholders at the company. Provide governance for and stakeholder updates on product policies
- Ensure that Roblox stays in compliance with our product policies
- Oversee and influence change necessary to achieve policy compliance objectives and foster a culture of compliance across the organization.
- Work with external stakeholders, to understand and account for the views of external stakeholders about our product policies
- Bachelor's degree in Policy, Law, Media, Science, Engineering, Technology, or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience as a Public Policy Leader at an internet, e-commerce, social, or gaming company
- Experience working with policymakers or international organizations
- Able to lead cross-functional teams consisting of business operations, financial and legal stakeholders
- Experienced with project/program management and able to keep multiple concurrent deliverables moving forward on schedule
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination