Senior or Principal Product Designer - Developer
San Mateo, CA
Design and UX Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine and create together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code and publish any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior or Principal Product Designer supporting the Developer group, you'll help lead design and vision across different product markets within a technical space that defines experiences for our platform of developer tools and services. Most importantly, you'll make a difference that sparks imagination and enables creativity in the minds of users around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business. You will report to the Senior Manager, Product Design.
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional work experience as a UX or product designer with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- Practiced in designing for technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing for large-scale platforms, and complex software applications
- A Leader that can promote design discussions and provide insight and guidance
- Collaborative and must excel in communicating with engineers, product managers and executives
- Well versed in the development lifecycle, can navigate and identify dependencies across feature areas
- Investigative and someone who understands user behavior by using standard user research methodologies, persona formation and usability testing
- Create outstanding user experiences for our developer platform of tools and services through pixel-perfect layouts, styling, and interactions
- Manage end-to-end product design by defining and developing UX requirements
- Determine vision that informs the product planning and roadmap
- Provide detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups and prototypes
- Build UX expertise across desktop, mobile and console products
- Enforce user experience and drive understanding across product markets
Roblox – Powering Imagination
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar