Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Software Engineer on the Apps DevOps team, you'll play a critical role supporting our outstanding developer teams and evolving our Continuous Integration solution at a time of incredible growth for our business. You will work with various engineering teams to design, implement, and maintain an integrated code and asset production build and deployment pipeline consisting of tools, automation and infrastructure. Along the way, you'll have unlimited opportunities to shape our future and drive the technical direction of the apps platforms.
You have a strong passion for helping development teams move faster. You are well versed in all things DevOps, and have a passion to help teams embrace Continuous Integration and Deployment. Your daily work environment involves common source tools (ex: Perforce, GitHub), and common build tools (ex: TeamCity, Artifactory). You will be a significant contributor to the Apps DevOps team responsible for building the tools and infrastructure to allow production teams to ship products with great quality and at a greater pace.
- Experienced, 5+ years' build engineering, preferably TeamCity or equivalent. Experience with DevOps Chef is a plus.
- Hands-on with software development using Python, Lua, C++, Ruby, C#, Groovy (or similar scripting languages). Workflow automation and experience with online and mobile gaming is a plus.
- Proficient with mobile app store developer portals, package and library management systems, version control systems, UNIX systems administration and CLI, or UNIX scripting languages.
- An automation advocate: you're passionate about finding ways to help speed up development processes.
- Up-to-speed on all things Continuous: Continuous Integration isn't the only development practice in your wheelhouse; you also know the difference between Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery, and you understand the value of test automation.
- Adaptable: You can adjust to new challenges and experimentation
- Develop and support CI/CD solutions to meet the high-level requirements of our engineering teams.
- Identify important problems and prevent them from reoccurring by root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve our development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure we can achieve scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with our development teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Work with a global team of engineering leaders who are building groundbreaking technology to provide user-generated content across multiple platforms.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar