Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll play a contributing role in helping us scale our global infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build and maintain large scale infrastructure that can sustain over two million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
The Roblox Database Platform Team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to help build and operate our core search infrastructure and datastores that are responsible for powering discovery features across the Roblox platform. You will have the opportunity to be an early part of a team building out a global infrastructure.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree or higher in a science, engineering, or mathematics field OR minimum two years of industry experience
- A Systems Engineer: you have experience building, maintaining, and deploying distributed services and are excited to work with them at a global scale
- Self-driven: you are passionate about solving complex problems by contributing your unique perspective and experience to a team with diverse backgrounds, and are able to self-organize to drive your projects to completion
- Problem Solver: you are empirically driven and are excited to collect and use data to choose the best course for the team
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Strong knowledge of Elastic Search
- Systems configuration and automation experience
- Build, maintain and deploy services that support Roblox’s business.
- Build, maintain and deploy process automation to streamline engineering workflows.
- Participate in and contribute to our company-wide SRE community.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for critical services that your team is responsible for.
- Work to improve or iterate upon existing implementations of search infrastructure and datastores
- Work with application engineers to identify potential optimizations and performance bottlenecks
- Be the first point of contact for search infrastructure and datastores
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination