Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Lead QA Coordinator for the Applications team, you will work on a cross-discipline team, delivering highly performant and engrossing app shells for every Roblox platform. You will be responsible for making sure the features we ship satisfy product specifications and don’t compromise system stability or scalability.
- An experienced leader, with 1+ years coordinating third-party test teams, 3+ years as a QA Lead, and 5+ years in Quality Assurance testing, able to prioritize and assign tasks and train new testers
- Expert in your domain, able to apply industry standards and best practices, familiar with common issues encountered in mobile devices, Mac, and Windows, and have advanced knowledge of QA tools (bug tracking software, test case management software, proxy tools, performance measurement tools, build distribution tools, etc.)
- A creative thinker, demonstrating problem-solving skills to guide bug investigation and able to devise and implement comprehensive test plans for major feature releases and ongoing regression suites
- Strategic, demonstrating a sense of process to improve tester efficiency and facilitate clear communication between local and offshore teams, and an understanding of the impact of issues and time constraints on engineering and other teams
- Organized, with a sense of urgency in delivering high-profile results on a strict deadline
- Collaborative, with excellent communication skills and follow-through and able to coordinate with outsourced testers as well as local cross-discipline team members
- Dedicated to delivering high-quality software in a timely manner
- Manage outsourced testing for game and application software in a fast-paced environment alongside a passionate engineering team, building and maintaining our client applications on smartphones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox One.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering team members to devise test strategies, create test plans, and ensure that product requirements and testing instructions are effectively communicated to outsourced testing teams.
- Author testing regressions to ensure full test coverage of features and their integrated use in the product and work with engineers to create automated tests when applicable.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to outsourced testers, training them and providing feedback to ensure testing is completed correctly.
- Review and interpret test reports and results from outsourced testing groups.
- Ensure defect reports are complete and detailed, reproducing issues locally as needed, triaging, and following up on issue resolution and fix verification.
- Be flexible with regards to occasional evening and weekend testing in order to meet deadlines.
- Work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- A flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- An on-site fitness center and fitness program credit
- An annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.