Sr. Software Engineer - Distributed Caching
San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 & 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Sr. Software Engineer - Distributed Caching, you’ll be supporting Roblox’s global platform by building and operating internal Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings, building caching frameworks and libraries to be used by our backend engineers as well as maintaining our massive caching layer scaling our SQL and NoSQL databases. You will work with a cross-functional team of engineers while having real ownership and impact.
- Passion about the quality of your work
- Experience designing & maintaining large-scale distributed systems handling millions of real-time requests per second
- Experience in object-oriented languages such as C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with database fundamentals (SQL, NoSQL)
- BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science, with at least 5 years of hands on experience
- Contribute to internal primitive & value-added Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings (Redis, Memcached, Kafka etc)
- Design, implement & maintain caching libraries used by internal customers
Nice to Haves:
- Experience developing against and deploying to container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Hashicorp Nomad or similar
- Experience developing against and managing in-memory databases such as Memcached, Redis or similar
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.