Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Software Engineer for Data Access on our database platform team, you will have an immediate impact on the core systems powering the experiences of our 150M+ monthly active users. You will have primary responsibility in building the massive system making performant data storage easily available to all engineering teams at Roblox. If you enjoy working on cutting-edge software alongside highly-skilled and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our rapidly-growing database platform team.
- Experienced: you have 7+ years of experience building distributed systems
- Knowledgeable: you are well versed with modern, distributed database design (Distributed Consensus, Global Distribution)
- Adaptable: you successfully shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing.
- Curious: you are keen to learn and grow, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Develop our core data systems handling in excess of 50M requests per second at busy times
- Build globally distributed, highly reliable systems using Rust and C#
- Be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycles
- Be a mentor and an inspiration for all engineers within the team
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar