Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As an Outsource Manager (Contract), you’ll be working with a team of talented artists, designers, and engineers to generate and implement content for our online catalog. You will also help to improve the workflow and tools for Roblox Studio, highlighting deficiencies and suggesting features/improvements, while developing content designed to push our engine and technology to the limit. If you have experience working with artists, both internal and external, can provide effective feedback, are passionate about improving the production and content pipelines, and you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll enjoy the challenges here at Roblox.
- Educated: Bachelor’s degree in a related CG field
- Experienced: 3+ years in the game industry, computer graphics or related field. 3+ years of experience in a technical artist role is a plus
- Knowledgeable: Strong understanding of modern real-time 3D engines, art tools and pipelines, including Unity and Unreal, Maya and Blender, character systems, LOD systems
- Visual-focused: Passion for top-notch visuals with a focus on the best content for our users
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving existing issues and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Driven: A desire to learn, explore and provide value in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Team-oriented: Solid communication and collaboration skills, both with in-office staff and external contractors.
- Become an expert on Roblox Studio, our content creation tools, and pipelines
- Actively manage and implement content from both our internal and external teams while documenting pain points and missing features including technical, visual, and usability issues
- Review, provide feedback (modeling, texturing, and skinning), modify, and import assets created by outsourcing teams
- Work with our Product and Marketing teams to create content for our sponsors and partners
- Rig and skin characters and accessories for both R&D projects and content catalog
- Manage, improve or change prototype assets in Maya, Blender, Photoshop and additional art creation software to run tests for R&D projects
- Assist in developing and enhancing the user generated content pipeline
- Investigate and provide feedback on our tools and pipelines from an artist’s perspective
- Affirm assets and tools are performant across all of our supported platforms including mobile, desktop and console
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflows
- Follow our development community and stay aware of top issues and requests
Roblox – Powering Imagination.