Manager, Applied ML/AI - Trust & Safety
San Mateo, CA
Data Science and Analytics
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a manager in the Data Science & Analytics organization, you will be a key leader in helping our product and engineering teams shape the future of Roblox. You’ll partner with other leaders across product management and engineering to influence product roadmaps. You’ll manage a team of data scientists in scaling Trust & Safety efforts across the Roblox platform via artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- A natural leader. You initiate and drive multiple projects simultaneously. You recruit, build and grow a strong team of data scientists.
- Passionate about scaling decision-making. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that performing decisions at scale brings up a plethora of questions. You have the ability to dig into the details and navigate to the 10,000 foot level with ease while explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Not afraid to occasionally get your hands dirty
- Always looking to expand your toolbelt. You stay knowledgeable about the latest progress in the fields of computer vision, NLP, speech/audio and personalization. You partner with the leaders in the industry to make progress in the fields.
- You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology, tool, or framework to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- Partner closely with product and engineering leadership to identify and prioritize the most impactful data science projects
- Coach a team of 2-10 data scientists to apply AI and ML techniques to maintain Roblox’s platform as a leader in trust and safety
- Balance autonomy with guidance by giving your team the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently
- Lead a roadmap for machine learning infrastructure to accelerate time to impact for new technologies through experimentation, prototyping and strong execution
- Be recognized as an internal thought-leader and spokesperson for your domain and AI/ML across the company
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.