Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Data Engineer, for Game Discovery, you will be a key participant in helping Roblox leverage data to drive engagement. Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with product teams to build data-driven features and systems across the Roblox suite of products.
- 5+ Years experience in Data and Software Engineering (minimum)
- Experienced in analytics, dimensional modeling, and ETL optimization
- Experienced with procedural programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experienced with writing SQL statements
- Interested in working closely with product engineering to leverage data
- Preferably BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Design and build dashboards and data pipelines for Game Discovery team
- Design, build and launch new data models in production
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Support existing processes running in production including Machine Learning
- Work with data infrastructure to identify infrastructure improvements and drive to resolution
- Work with product teams to identify data engineering needs to drive product experimentation
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.