Product Manager, Bots & Spam
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As Product Manager, Bots & Spam, you will be responsible for leading a team of elite engineers in pursuit of a difficult goal: ridding Roblox of automated abuse. Your work will ensure Roblox remains a safe place for all ages to create, socialize, and share in play and immersive entertainment. You will be embedded with engineering teams responsible for defining player reputation systems, enabling anomaly detection across the platform, and building some of the first massive-scale machine learning systems for bot identification.
- A product leader who drives the ideation, specifications, prioritization, development and success metrics of innovative product features
- Knowledgeable with 4+ years of product management
- An industry expert with 4+ years driving product-focused Trust and Safety, Fraud, or Anti-Bot initiatives at an online marketplace, social network, or other relevant product with millions of users
- Experienced assessing, negotiating, implementing, and managing external vendor relationships; direct experience with different identity and fraud vendors a plus
- Exceptional in organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- Data driven with a strong grasp of methods to track the performance and impact of the features you are developing including A/B testing
- A product champion and inspiration to the people around you, as you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment with competing resources and priorities
- Have a Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Consistently drive product development to meet our high standards of usability, quality, presentation
- Help develop a long term strategy and roadmap for the team and product
- Discover and define the improvements, problems and solutions we should be pursuing
- Tackle creative challenges that have never been solved before; design and author product specs that will guide your team to victory
- Direct the team through the product backlog and author stories with clear definitions
- Manage development in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Develop and track key metrics for feature performance, gain insight from the resulting data, drive improvements over time and communicate their status
- Champion and demonstrate new features and improvements to key stakeholders and teams across the company
- Proactively support the needs of the Roblox player and developer communities
- Expand the risk framework to address ever-changing trust and safety needs for Roblox’s platform
- Define and execute an associated roadmap of features, tools, and initiatives to improve trust and reduce risk
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Engineering, Data Science, Legal, and PR to enable prevention and mitigation of trust and safety incidents
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination