Roblox’s platform now represents the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours monthly. With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
Using a cloud based platform to host user-generated experiences, Roblox features physically-simulated, three-dimensional, destructible environments created by users for users. The user-generated content is hosted and published on Roblox’s platform which has enabled over 40 million games/experiences and a social network that connects 2M+ simultaneous users who are interacting in 3D immersive experiences.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a User Experience (UX) Researcher on the Roblox design team, you’ll play a critical role in partnering with stakeholders to define our audience and iterating/evaluating exciting new experiences for our players. You will own developing research strategies for teams, providing quick yet thorough insights, and driving meaningful impact for both short term projects and the long term vision.
- Experienced: 3-6 years of applied UX research experience on mobile and/or desktop entertainment or video game products.
- Technically Skilled: you have a mastery of qualitative UX methods and a degree in Cognitive Science, Anthropology, HCI, Human Factors, or related fields.
- Adaptable: you worked with the agile framework and how to integrate research within it.
- A Leader: you have experience promoting the value of research and a user centered philosophy. You can speak to and show research’s meaningful impact through the work you do.
- A Learner: you push to evolve the practice of UX research on the individual level and on the wider group levels
- An Educator: you excel in communication; taking complex ideas and putting in them succinctly informative and persuasive ways.
- A Team Player: you thrive working with a variety of peers and stakeholders to achieve goals.
- A Critical Thinker: you always strive to have a full understanding of all situations all stages of your work.
- Bonus Points:
- Applied ethnographic UX research skills with effective communication strategies of those insights.
- Knowledge of, or applied experience, with UX research on younger or developing audiences.
- Create research strategies for assigned product verticals.
- Partner with fellow UX researchers and other insight teams in the company.
- Partner with stakeholders to proactively recommend the best research for their needs.
- Own end to end project execution; pioneering new paths, techniques, or tools as needed.
- Deliver audience and product insights to both stakeholders and research peers.
- Build research templates, databases, and other materials to improve individual and group efficiency.
- Educate and promote user centered design practices.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination