Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
With 2+ million creators worldwide and over 100 million monthly active players, Roblox is creating the future of play. Fundamental to that future are the powerful creation tools that enable our developers to create amazing, transformational 3D experiences. We see the future of creation happening completely in the cloud with collaboration integrated at a fundamental level. The extensive tools we provide along with community developed plug-ins and content have enabled our community of developers to create compelling, immersive 3D experiences, and we’re building from that starting point.
As a Sr./Product Manager, StudioTools you will have a profound impact on the product strategy and vision to define the future of Developer Tools and Plugin/Content Marketplace at Roblox. As someone with extensive experience in building 3D content and/or software development tools your mission is to research, validate, specify and manage the tools and features that empower ROBLOX developers to build amazing games and engaging entertainment experiences while increasing the power and ease-of-use of our platform. This role is key to growing the ROBLOX community of developers so that they can deliver the best 3D immersive and game experiences to players all over the world.
- Seasoned Product Manager, with a proven track record of aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources to deliver an excellent product.
- Experienced, with 3-7 years of product management experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- A 3D expert who has deep experience with other 3D authoring and/or game development solutions such as Unity, Unreal, Maya, 3DS, Blender etc.
- Detail oriented, with an eye for user interaction beyond the veneer of the GUI down and comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details.
- Ambitious, you boldly go where no man or woman has gone before, you are always keen to learn, grow, and push the limits.
- Metrics driven, with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Create and deliver innovative tools that satisfy and surpass the needs of the diverse Roblox developer community
- Drive the strategic and tactical efforts in building the next generation game authoring and monitoring tools that enable social co-experience.
- Relentless customer development and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
- Communicate Developer Tools needs and product concepts to other internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all the data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.