Roblox, a global online experience, brings people around the world together through play by inspiring imagination, creativity, and learning through shared online experiences. Every month, more than 100 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital worlds. All of these digital worlds are built by the Roblox community, made up of over 2 million creators.
Roblox has pursued a vision of creating a new ‘human co-experience’ category that combines gaming, entertainment, social and media. Players share experiences, socialize, create and learn.
Tech Crunch recently published a 3-part profile on Roblox, reposted here:
- How Roblox Grew into a $2.5B Company
- Digging into the Roblox Growth Strategy
- 3 Lessons from Roblox’s Growth
Roblox’s CEO gave a talk at a recent Roblox Developer Conference that sets out what to expect from Roblox in the next few years.
Roblox is truly a global company, with users and creators around the world. Most recently, Roblox entered into a joint venture with Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world, which will accelerate our efforts in China.
The Senior Privacy Counsel will help to ensure our privacy compliance around the world. Such compliance is very important to Roblox. This is a key position in our company.
- Startup scrappy sensibility, super smart, own things and just gets things done.
- Analytical and imaginative.
- Relentlessly optimistic. Excited and passionate. You have the potential to be part of a company that is truly redefining entertainment.
- Multitasker and comfortable shuffling/shifting priorities on a dime.
- You can boil complex issues down to the bottom line and give advice that can be operationalized (as opposed to legal theory).
- Extremely adept in attention to detail and stellar follow through.
- A person around whom “magic just happens” (because behind the scenes that person is making sure the magic happens).
- Really nice. Our legal team is. You need to be as well. A good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Top law school, 8+ years relevant work experience
- Work on Privacy an Compliance - analyze products and business initiatives and will create and implement action plans towards making products and initiatives compliant.
- Be embedded with product or engineering teams and will report to different levels of management on various privacy issues.
- Work on issues related to GDPR, COPPA and other state privacy laws.
- Work on international privacy work and compliance with FTC
- Work in an in-house environment and work with different departments within a company
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar