Roblox China – Recruiter
Location: Shenzhen, China
Roblox China is a joint venture between Roblox Corporation and Tencent Holdings, with its HQ in Shenzhen, China.
Roblox, a global online experience brings people around the world together through play by inspiring imagination, creativity, and learning through shared online experiences. Every month, more than 100 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital worlds. All of these digital worlds are built by the Roblox community, made up of over 2 million creators.
Roblox has pursued a vision of creating a new ‘human co-experience’ category that combines gaming, entertainment, social and media. Players share experiences, socialize, create and learn.
The strategic partnership with Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world, will accelerate these efforts in China.
Tech Crunch recently published a 3-part profile on Roblox, reposted here:
- How Roblox Grew into a $2.5B Company
- Digging into the Roblox Growth Strategy
- 3 Lessons from Roblox’s Growth
Roblox’s CEO gave a talk at a recent Roblox Developer Conference that sets out what to expect from Roblox in the next few years.
China is a truly strategic market for Roblox and very important to accomplishing the mission of bringing the world together through play.
The Recruiter will help accelerate this mission and Roblox’s growth by owning all stages of the recruiting cycle, including sourcing, coordinating, and closing candidates.
The JV has recently been established and is in start-up mode now. So, the Recruiter will be responsible for building an amazing team in our China office.
The Recruiter reports to the Head of Finance and will work directly with Roblox's senior leadership team.
The Recruiter will have some or all of the following:
- Understanding of the China market – strong commercial sensibilities and understanding of competitive landscape in China.
- Fluent Mandarin (ideally PRC national who has spent years in-market). Strong English skills. Equally comfortable in Shenzhen or San Mateo, and communicating with people in both places.
- Startup scrappy sensibility, super smart, own things and just gets things done. Analytical and imaginative. Relentlessly optimistic. A person around whom “magic just happens” (because behind the scenes that person is making sure the magic happens)
The Recruiter will:
- Proactively collaborate and calibrate with the recruiting and hiring teams to ensure a positive interviewer and candidate experience.
- Take ownership of technical candidates from our referral, outreach and inbound sourcing programs, leading a memorable candidate experience regardless of the outcome.
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring team and senior management and ensure a high close rate for your candidates.
- Track and understand relevant metrics for your activity and pipeline and actively share your progress with peers and hiring teams.