Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Network Operations Engineer, you’ll play a contributing role in helping us scale our global network infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build and maintain a large scale network infrastructure that can sustain over one million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 7 years of experience in production network support and management.
- A network troubleshooting connoisseur: you come ready for action wielding a wealth of Layer 1, 2 and 3 networking expertise. You can triage networking issues on Windows, Linux, Juniper, F5 and others.
- An expert planner: you’re always thinking two steps ahead; you have first-hand experience at capacity planning and working with vendors to provide hardware and installation on time.
- Security-minded: you are familiar with PII & PCI data and understand the requirements these put on data centers.
- Self-organized: you’re excited about getting in front of complex problems, effectively organizing your work and team to get the job done by any means possible; overcoming emergent high-impact issues and contributing to long-running projects comes naturally to you.
- Problem Solver: you ask the right questions to solve issues within your expertise and you use data to test your theories.
- Develop and maintain edge and backbone network infrastructure solutions to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ to ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from re-occurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure the goal of scalability and high availability can be achieved.
- Work with an innovative team and business partners that is currently distributed throughout the globe.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our critical infrastructure pieces around the globe.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination