The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Roblox Production Engineering team is looking for a Traffic Engineer to help build and operate our Internet load-balancers and proxies along with building and managing underlying core systems such as DNS.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or with at least 5 years of equivalent experience
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Experience programming with languages like Python or Go
- Experience with distributed systems in a production operations environment
- Experience working with large scale Internet infrastructure
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of TCP, HTTP, DNS and SSL protocols
- Systems configuration management experience with automation tools
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools associated with our production infrastructure
- Develop and execute on the traffic strategy
- Improve quality and performance of our user experience
- Own the load-balancer and proxy infrastructure
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination