Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Join some of the best Graphics Engineers in the world supporting the largest immersive 3D streaming environment deployed across console, desktop, mobile, and VR.
- Scalability: Roblox provides a platform that guarantees to the creators that their games will always and automatically run on different devices, with cross-platform play and minimal load times.
- Compatibility: Roblox games and assets made in the past, are still working today. Rendering has to have an eye to the past, and an eye to the future…
- Community: Roblox games are made by creators of all experience levels, from professionals who earn their living on the platform to kids who are learning to program using Roblox!
As a Game Rendering Engineer, you will solve difficult challenges while continuing to build a high-speed, completely environment connected on all devices.
Many established rendering techniques do not trivially apply to our platform - novel solutions are needed as we push Roblox towards higher targets of visual fidelity. Even the simpler visuals we support on low-power devices are enabled by some creative rendering ideas, often centered around caching, incremental computation and graceful degradation.
All of this is based on an in-house rendering engine built from the ground up, supporting DirectX 9/11, OpenGL, GNM, Metal, and Vulkan GAPI's. We have a powerful need for top-notch, low-level and high-level graphics work.
- Help investigate and implement rendering techniques to make ROBLOX graphics more immersive and expressive
- Learn about our community and work with technical artists to understand the present and future needs of our creators
- Help improving the performance and stability of our game engine
- Good knowledge of C++ and shading languages
- Good knowledge of 3D math and computer graphics related algorithms
- Good knowledge of one or more GPU APIs (OpenGL, DirectX and similar)
- The ability to reason about code performance and memory consumption
- Work with other engineering and art teams
- Take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
- Professional experience in real-time rendering
- Interest in creating creative rendering techniques
- Passionate about the state-of-the-art in rendering research
- Mobile or console development experience
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar