About Roblox China
Roblox, a global online experience platform for kids, brings more than 90 million people together through play. We enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers. Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment services for audience under the age of 18.
To continue our global growth, Roblox has structured a joint venture with Chinese technology giant Tencent to help us enter the Chinese market. Roblox China will initially focus on education: specifically, coding fundamentals, game design, digital citizenship and entrepreneurial skills. Roblox China will also create and nurture an active community of developers in the region. With access to China’s roughly 800 million internet users, Roblox has the opportunity to reach the next level of global experiences companies.
By joining Roblox China, you will have the opportunity to have a powerful impact on our company’s growth trajectory. We’re looking for someone who is eager to take on a meaningful role to help Roblox China grow. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who is ready to take Roblox China—and their career—to the next level. Join the Roblox China team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior App Developer, you will be crafting the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will enhance the way people discover games and play with friends. You will be writing code with an application-first mindset, and be empowered to create cutting-edge systems that solidify Roblox as the paragon of game creation destinations. If you are a C++ master, have a passion for creating inspiring code, and are obsessed with presenting beautiful experiences you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Apps Team.
- A programming pioneer: you have 3-5 years of experience working on consumer applications
- Scripting Experience: you have some scripting experience, with an interest to work in lua
- Analytical: you value using metrics and logging to analyze features and user patterns
- Test-driven: you write and maintain unit and integration test
- Adaptable: you are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Team-player: you work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- MUST BE FLUENT IN MANDARIN AND ENGLISH
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by millions of users
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best applications
For a complete listing of Roblox openings in Shenzhen, click here: https://corp.roblox.cn/career/