Sr. Software Engineer - Search & Discovery
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Sr. Engineer on the Search & Discovery Platform team at Roblox, you’ll be part of the founding engineers to build Roblox’s own recommendation system. You will have the opportunity to redefine how 100’s of Millions of our players find the most interesting games to play or best users to be friends with. Simply said you will influence how Roblox’s 100 Millions+ MAU discover best content on Roblox‘s platform.
- Experienced with at least 5 + years in building highly scalable, available, & distributed backend applications.
- Experienced building or working on a recommendation systems (a huge plus).
- Experienced with microservices architecture, REST, gRPC, Spring, Maven, Git, TDD etc.
- Experienced with building large scale complex system incrementally. Should be able to come-up with MVP and build on that.
- Experienced working in a fast paced environment on agile/scrum environment with focus on robust design, architecture, TDD, rapid experimentation, A/B testing and metrics.
- A Rock-star Software Engineer, programmer and love coding and design. Skilled in one or more of these Java, C++, & C# etc.
- Fluid with SQL and No-SQL concepts and design.
- Comfortable with big data frameworks such as map-reduce, spark, pig, hive etc..
- Experienced working with public clouds such as AWS, GCP or Azure (a plus)
- Team Player and Collaborative: You enjoy working with others.
- Help shape and build the next generation Search and Discovery for games, immersive worlds and other user-generated content.
- Ensure that our systems are resilient, robust and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Work closely with engineering and data science engineers for recommendation & ranking to improve the technology and models that drive recommendations
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin Badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination