Recommendation and Relevance Engineer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Recommendation Engineer on the Search & Discovery Platform team at Roblox, you’ll redefine how 100’s of Millions of users search and discover the most interesting games to play, items to define their digital avatar, or connecting with friends. You will partner with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Engineers to better understand users needs and improve search and discovery by employing relevance and ranking techniques including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Experienced working on world class recommendations system and have experience improving it iteratively.
- Experienced working in ranking system or modeling ranking for search or recommendation (a huge plus).
- 3+ years of hands on experience building one or more of the following:
- Logistic regression models
- Supervised and unsupervised learning models
- Some form of Neural Net Model (RNN, CNN)
- Experienced working in a fast paced environment on agile/scrum environment with focus on robust design, architecture, TDD, rapid experimentation, A/B testing and metrics.
- A skilled programmer in one or more of these Java, Python and C#/C++ etc.
- Comfortable with big data frameworks such as map-reduce, spark, pig, hive etc.
- Experienced in building and running production machine-learning based systems.
- Experienced working with public clouds such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Team Player and Collaborative: You enjoy working with others.
- Be a Search and Recommendation Champion: you have prowess and past experience in a multitude of recommendation technologies, empowering you to understand the challenges of making discovery better continuously by hypothesis, modeling, and experimentation.
- Help shape and build next generation search and discovery for games, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models
- Ensure that our systems are resilient, robust and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Support our search and discovery infrastructure in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin Badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination