Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the game engine security team, you will harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to work with us to keep Roblox as a platform that developers and users trust, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to focus on solving complex engineering challenges to protect Roblox from malicious users/attackers, identify and classify bad behaviors, thwart hackers and prevent exploiters, you'll be right at home within our experienced and growing Game Engine team. Experience in reverse engineering, assembly programming, and low-level machine architecture is a big plus. Experience in Lua and game development is also a plus. This role reports to the Manager of Game Engine Security.
- Experienced: you're an expert in C++ with 5+ years of professional experience. Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write code, not your enemies
- Engine/platform oriented: excited about developing security mechanisms from scratch to protect a game engine or a similar platform, and comfortable developing cross-platform code
- Self Motivated: Create clear design specifications, mentor senior and junior engineers, and guide projects from beginning to end
- Test motivated: you love writing unit and integration tests
- A leader: you are comfortable in building and growing partnerships across engineering teams to build and deploy secure features
- Develop security software solutions to protect Roblox game engine from malicious users/attackers
- Work with product and engineering teams to design secure architectures
- Identify attack vectors that can be used to exploit Roblox software and develop defensive tools and techniques
- Review designs and software implementations of general product features.
- Work with Roblox engineering teams to fix flaws in software, recommend solutions to fix potential security risks and ensure that security best practices are followed.
- Take ownership of the project throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar