Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Security Software Engineer, you will harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to keep Roblox as a platform that developers and users trust, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to focus on solving complex engineering challenges to protect Roblox from malicious users/attackers, identify and classify bad actors, thwart hackers and prevent exploiters, you'll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine team.
- A security engineer: Understanding of security fundamentals and clear passion around security as a mindset.
- An excellent software engineer: Deep experience in C++ and scripting for security. Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Experienced vulnerability researcher: Experience in vulnerability research and exploit development
- Knowledgeable in designing secure components: Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and architectures. Knowledgeable about client-server networking security and applied cryptography.
- Knowledgeable in reverse engineering: Can use reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, WinDbg, OllyDbg
- A leader: Comfortable in building and growing partnerships across engineering teams to build and deploy secure features
- A team player: Have a positive attitude, communicate well, motivate and efficiently collaborate with other team members
- Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done
- Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch, or done other similar projects
- Resource minded: You have probably worked on alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Design, build and deploy security software solutions to protect Roblox client from malicious users/attackers
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement secure architectures
- Research/identify dangerous vulnerabilities in software and resolve them so that malicious users will not be able to exploit them
- Identify attack vectors that can be used to exploit Roblox software and develop defensive tools and techniques
- Review designs and software implementations of general product features.
- Collaborate with Roblox engineering teams to remediate flaws in software, recommend solutions to fix potential security risks and ensure that security best practices are followed.
- Self-organize and take ownership of the project throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver a secure platform using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination