Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the game engine security team, you will harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to keep Roblox as a platform that developers and users trust, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to focus on solving complex engineering challenges to protect Roblox from malicious users/attackers, identify and classify bad behaviors, thwart hackers and prevent exploiters, you'll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine team.
You need to be an expert in C++, data structures, algorithms and networking. You should have a lot of interest in designing and building security into the systems and software. Experience in reverse engineering, assembly programming, low-level machine architecture is a big plus. Experience in Lua and game development is desired but not required.
- Experienced: you're an expert in C++ with 5+ years of professional experience. Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Engine/platform oriented: excited about developing security mechanisms from scratch to protect a game engine or a similar platform, and comfortable developing cross-platform code
- Self-sufficient: Able to write clear design specifications, mentor senior and junior engineers and guide projects from beginning to end
- Test driven: you love writing unit and integration tests
- A leader: you are comfortable in building and growing partnerships across engineering teams to build and deploy secure features
- A team player: you have a positive attitude, communicate well, motivate and efficiently collaborate with other team members
- Eager to learn: able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Design, build and deploy security software solutions to protect Roblox game engine from malicious users/attackers
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement secure architectures
- Identify attack vectors that can be used to exploit Roblox software and develop defensive tools and techniques
- Review designs and software implementations of general product features.
- Collaborate with Roblox engineering teams to remediate flaws in software, recommend solutions to fix potential security risks and ensure that security best practices are followed.
- Self-organize and take ownership of the project throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver a secure platform using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
Nice to Have:
- Experience in reverse engineering, assembly programming, low-level machine architecture
- Experience in building games with Roblox Studio
- Experience with Lua
Roblox – Powering Imagination