Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Audio Software Engineer, you will make the Roblox soundscape the best it can be. You will build and deliver on a plan to harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to envelop the player in something that’s amazing, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to leapfrog the state of the art in game audio engines and help build and lead the team that delivers interactive audio for the next ten years, you'll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine team.
- Experienced in immersive interactive audio: Many years of working with interactive and physically based audio, generally in a gaming environment
- Fluent in signal processing: You understand human hearing modeling, physical modeling, and ad-hoc audio algorithms
- Good at systems level C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done
- A leader: Comfortable in defining and championing a plan to improve audio capabilities over time, and marshal others to your cause
- Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch, or done other similar projects
- Resource minded: You have probably worked on alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Develop engine code that generates awesome audio for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Select the right balance of human models, physical models, and ad-hoc algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
- Carry the torch for the future of audio in user-generated games
- Optimize audio implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Self-organize and take ownership of the project throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome audio environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.