Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching over 100 million players across the globe every month!
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Software Engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or similar technical degree.
- Familiar with software engineering concepts and have had previous experience (i.e. internships, projects, etc.)
- Proficient in one or more of the programming languages such as C#, C++, Lua, Java, Go, Node.js, Ruby, Python, C++, Lua, or Swift.
- Passionate about games, community driven content generation, and social networking.
- Adaptable and are able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Be embedded into a software engineering team with responsibility and deliverables
- Regularly ship code to production
- Work collaboratively with Roblox’s design, product, data, QA, and DevOps teams.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Location: San Mateo, CA